We will share a mouthwatering country pork ribs recipe that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. These tender and delicious ribs are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family barbecue or a casual weeknight dinner. With our step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to create a flavorful and succulent dish that will impress your guests. Let’s dive into the details of this amazing country pork ribs recipe!
To make these finger-licking country pork ribs, you will need the following ingredients:
2. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
3. 1 tablespoon of paprika
4. 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
5. 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
6. 1 teaspoon of onion powder
7. 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
8. 1 teaspoon of salt
9. 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
10.1 cup of barbecue sauce
11.1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
12.1/4 cup of honey
1. Preheat your grill to medium heat. If you don’t have a grill, you can also use an oven set to 325°F (163°C).
2. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. This flavorful spice rub will add a delicious crust to your country pork ribs.
3. Rub the spice mixture evenly over the pork ribs, ensuring that all sides are well coated. Allow the ribs to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the ribs and massage it gently to ensure the spices stick to the meat.
5. Place the ribs on the preheated grill or in the oven. Cook them for about 2 hours, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. The ribs are ready when they are tender and the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
6. While the ribs are cooking, prepare the barbecue sauce glaze. In a saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
7. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, brush the barbecue sauce glaze onto the ribs, turning them to coat all sides. This step will add a sticky and flavorful finish to the ribs.
8. Once the ribs are done, remove them from the grill or oven and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and juicy final product.
Here are some tips to ensure the best results when working with country-style pork ribs:
1. Choose the right cut: Look for well-marbled country-style ribs with a good amount of fat. This will contribute to the flavor and tenderness of the meat.
2. Tenderize if needed: Country-style ribs can sometimes be a bit tough. Consider marinating the ribs for a few hours or using a meat tenderizer to help break down the connective tissues and make them more tender.
3. Season generously: Don’t be shy with your seasoning. Country-style ribs can handle bold flavors, so be sure to season them generously with your preferred spice rub or marinade. This will enhance the taste of the meat.
4. Use indirect heat for grilling: When grilling country-style ribs, it’s best to use indirect heat. This means placing the ribs away from the direct flame or heat source. This helps prevent excessive charring or burning while allowing the ribs to cook evenly and retain their moisture.
5. Low and slow cooking: If you’re braising, roasting, or smoking country-style ribs, opt for low and slow cooking. This method allows the fat to render slowly and the meat to become tender and flavorful. Cooking at a lower temperature for a longer period of time will yield the best results.
6. Baste or glaze with sauce: Adding a barbecue sauce or glaze during the cooking process can add a delicious sticky and flavorful coating to the ribs. Baste or brush the sauce on the ribs during the last stages of cooking to create a tasty caramelized finish.
7. Rest before serving: After cooking, allow the country-style ribs to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps the juices redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender and juicy final product.
8. Serve with complementary sides: Country-style ribs pair well with classic barbecue sides such as coleslaw, cornbread, baked beans, or potato salad. Consider serving them with these sides to complete the meal and enhance the overall dining experience.
Remember, cooking times and methods may vary depending on the thickness of the ribs and your preferred level of doneness. It’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure the ribs are cooked to the appropriate internal temperature (145°F/63°C for pork). Enjoy your delicious country-style pork ribs!
With this easy-to-follow country pork ribs recipe, you can create a memorable and mouthwatering dish that will have everyone asking for seconds. The combination of the flavorful spice rub and the tangy barbecue sauce glaze creates a winning flavor profile. Whether you’re hosting a backyard cookout or simply craving some delicious ribs, this recipe is a must-try. Fire up your grill or preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy the tender and delicious goodness of country pork ribs!
Q1: What are country style pork ribs called?
A1: Country-style pork ribs are a cut of meat that is taken from the shoulder end of the pork loin, near the shoulder blade. Despite their name, they are not actually ribs but are boneless or bone-in strips of meat. They are sometimes referred to as “country-style ribs” or “pork shoulder ribs.”
Q2: Are pork country-style ribs good?
A2: Yes, pork country-style ribs are known for their delicious flavor and tenderness. They have a good amount of marbling and fat content, which contributes to their juicy and succulent texture. Country-style ribs are versatile and can be prepared in various ways, such as grilling, smoking, or braising. Whether you prefer them boneless or bone-in, they are an excellent choice for a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Q3: What are country-style ribs good for?
A3: Country-style ribs are a versatile cut of pork that can be used in various dishes and cooking methods. Here are some popular ways to enjoy country-style ribs:
Grilling: Country-style ribs are excellent for grilling. Their marbling and fat content keep them moist and flavorful, while the grill adds a smoky char. Brush them with your favorite barbecue sauce for a classic grilled ribs experience.
Slow cooking: Country-style ribs are perfect for slow cooking methods like braising or simmering. They can be cooked in a flavorful sauce or broth until they become tender and fall-off-the-bone. This method is great for creating rich and savory dishes like stews or pulled pork.
Oven roasting: Country-style ribs can be roasted in the oven, which helps to render the fat and create a crispy exterior. Season them with your preferred spices and roast them until they are tender and golden brown. This method works well when you want a hands-off approach to cooking ribs.
Smoking: If you enjoy the smoky flavors of barbecue, country-style ribs are suitable for smoking. Slow smoking at a low temperature infuses the ribs with a delicious smoky taste. They can be smoked until they are tender and have a nice bark on the outside.
Stir-frying: For a different twist, you can slice country-style ribs into thin strips and stir-fry them with vegetables and your choice of sauce. This quick-cooking method allows the ribs to remain tender while incorporating them into a stir-fry dish.
Regardless of the cooking method, country-style ribs are known for their rich flavor and tenderness. They can be served as a main dish or used in sandwiches, tacos, wraps, or salads. Their versatility makes them a great option for various culinary creations.