Panera’s tomato soup is a delicious and comforting dish that combines the rich flavors of ripe tomatoes with aromatic herbs and spices. This recipe captures the essence of Panera’s signature soup, allowing you to enjoy it in the comfort of your own home. Prepare to indulge in a bowl of creamy tomato goodness with this step-by-step recipe.
Ingredients Panera Tomato Soup Recipe:
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
3. 2 cloves of garlic, minced
4. 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
5. 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
6. 1 cup vegetable broth
7. 1 teaspoon dried basil
8. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
9. 1 teaspoon dried thyme
10.1 teaspoon sugar
11.1/2 cup heavy cream
12.Salt and pepper to taste
13.Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
Instructions Panera Tomato Soup Recipe:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onions become translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes (with their juices), and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
3. Add the dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, and sugar to the pot. Stir again to incorporate the herbs and sugar evenly into the soup.
4. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
5. After simmering, remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool slightly. Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a regular blender, blend the soup in batches, being careful not to overfill the blender.
6. Once the soup is blended, return it to the pot and place it back on the stove over low heat.
7. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to heat the soup gently until it is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
8. Once the soup is heated, remove it from the heat and ladle it into serving bowls. If desired, garnish each bowl with a few fresh basil leaves.
9. Serve the Panera tomato soup hot and enjoy it with your favorite bread or a grilled cheese sandwich.
With this homemade Panera tomato soup recipe, you can savor the comforting flavors of Panera’s famous tomato soup in the comfort of your own kitchen. The combination of ripe tomatoes, aromatic herbs, and creamy texture makes this soup a crowd-pleasing dish for any occasion. Prepare a batch of this soup and treat yourself to a cozy and delicious meal that will warm both your body and soul.
Q1: Is tomato soup good from Panera?
A1: Opinions on the taste and quality of Panera’s tomato soup can vary from person to person. However, in general, Panera Bread is known for serving a flavorful and satisfying tomato soup. Many people enjoy its rich tomato taste, creamy texture, and well-balanced flavors. Panera’s tomato soup is often regarded as a popular and comforting menu item among customers. It’s always a good idea to try it for yourself to see if it meets your personal taste preferences.
Q2: What does Panera Bread tomato soup taste like?
A2: Panera Bread’s tomato soup has a rich and comforting flavor profile. It is typically described as having a balance of tangy and sweet notes from the tomatoes, along with the aromatic undertones of herbs and spices. The creaminess from the heavy cream adds a smooth and velvety texture to the soup. Overall, Panera’s tomato soup is known for its robust tomato flavor, warmth, and comforting nature. It pairs well with a variety of bread or as a standalone comforting soup option.
Q3: Does Panera tomato soup have milk?
A3: Yes, Panera’s tomato soup recipe typically includes heavy cream, which contains milk. The cream adds a creamy and rich texture to the soup. However, please note that specific recipes may vary, and it’s always a good idea to check with Panera or refer to their official recipe for any dietary restrictions or ingredient substitutions.